Saturday, July 14, 2012

Purpose

I started this blog because I know how it feels.
I know how it feels to be utterly consumed by anxiety.
To suffer from daily panic attacks.
To feel like no one understands what I am going through.
To feel angry, ashamed, alone.

When I got to a point where I was barely functioning in my daily life, I knew that I needed help.  And I was lucky enough to have the capability to get myself help in the form of cognitive behavioral therapy with a psychologist that specialized in treating panic disorder.  I know that many others are not this fortunate.  Treatment costs a lot of money and there are only a few good experts in the field.  I want to share my experience and the skills I have learned with other sufferers of anxiety and panic disorder.  I know what it is like to search the internet for treatment answers, and to read through a website that sounds really promising, only to get to the bottom of the page and be expected to pay $500 for help.  I don't want to make money off of someone's suffering.  I know how bad it can feel and I don't think anyone should have to feel like that.  Hopefully I can show you how to move in the right direction and realize that anxiety and panic does not control you.  This disorder does not have to ruin your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment